We believe what Jesus said and we want kids to experience God full blast in our Children's ministry! We want to help children learn to value God's truth and obey it as they grow into spiritual champions. Each child will discover just how special they and their family are to God and to us! Join us as we explore the Bible in fun & exciting ways, plus worship with cool praise songs every Sunday morning.
Your children can also participate in TeamKID on Wednesday nights! TeamKID focuses on character traits that God wants children to develop. It is a high-energy ministry that encourages kids to know Jesus Christ and to grow in a relationship with Him.
It includes Bible stories, scripture memorization, small group discussions, fun, active games and great snacks.
- Sunday School - 9:30-10:45
- TeamKID - 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. for 1st - 4th grade.
- Beginning March 1, 2017, the 5th/6th grade boys and girls will have their own classes in separate rooms. Pastor Bryan Johnson is leading the boys and Dr. Kayla Pray is leading the girls in learning practical life lessons in the light of God's grace. Our goal is to teach them to use their gifts, talents, and abilities to glorify God.
Who is the children's ministry for?
The children's ministry is for kids 1st through 6th grade.
How does this work?
Be sure to park in one of our Guest Parking Spots located in the front parking lot (look for the GREEN signs). Once there, head to our children's building (Building 3). Kids 1st through 4th grade can enter through Room 302 (the RED door). Kids 5th through 6th grade can go to Room 305. For TeamKID on Wednesdays, all students enter through the RED door to sign in before going to their grade-specific classroom.
Who is working with my child?
We are committed to keeping your children safe emotionally, physically and spiritually while they are in our care. All volunteers and paid workers at VMBC are given background checks and scanned through a national security database.
Pam Renn is on staff as our Children's Ministry Director. If you would like more information about the children's ministry, it's safeguards, activities or philosophy, please contact us.
what is your sick child policy?
Out of respect for the health and safety of all of the children, we ask that you do not bring your child if they currently have or have had in the past 24 hours:
- Rash (unless accompanied by a doctor's note)
- Runny nose (beyond an allergy induced post-nasal drip)